Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity.

-Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh the irony.  This quote opened my blog. I started this blog around the time my son was conceived.  Well I guess I gave my son curiosity in droves. On top of that he has a drive to do it himself unlike the majority of children that I have know. For a three almost four year old he is as curious as if not more curious than Curious George and as independent as George too.

He has such tenacity to live and strangely it seems that he has no fear. I guess that that is understandable,  as many times as he died and came back to life.

As his mother I wish to help him grow into a strong independent adult,  however I have no idea how to do this while still encouraging his language development. I'm told that his independence is hindering his communication because he is such a go getter.  It feels like to encourage his sucessful development I have to break his desire to learn and stifull his curious nature.

I'm at a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment