Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I Am Three

A poem for Ben



I Am Three.

This is my rocket ship
The world gave it to me
My Daddy and me travel the stars
He tells me the secrets of the universe

This is my fast car,
The world gave it to me
My Uncle Tom races with me
He tells me the secrets of machines

This is my throne
The world gave it to me.
My Uncle French Fry walks with me
He tells me the secrets of the grown ups

This is my safe place
Where I go to think
Where Mommy sings and signs with me
She tells me stories of the heart

This is my secret seat
It sits on the floor
         on a chair
              on the couch
                   on its back
rescued from a field of green
where I think about the world
where I think about humanity

The world gave it to me

I Am Three


No comments:

Post a Comment