Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Changing Sink - A Thank You List

How does one person effect change?

By living the change you want to see.

I can't remember who said this but when you want to make changes in the world, you make the changes in your life and go from there.

Each positive step that I take towards making my life a better place for me and mine, is one step closer to a better world.

I Am The Change I Want To See

One change I want to see is more people being thankful for the people and the seeds that they spread...

First thing I want to do is thank Marla Cilley the Fly Lady. She gave me the tools I needed to love myself enough to move forward.

I want to thank my DH for being himself, putting up with my nuclear meltdowns and helping me put my since of self back together.

I want to thank my parents, all four of them, for not freaking out when I drop off radar for weeks and sometimes years on end, for teaching me too many lessons to name here.

I want to thank my Aunt Di, she taught me how to write a killer paper. I've never been prouder of a paper than my Kepler paper.

I want to thank Ryan, a good friend whom I will dearly miss, he died January 3 2011, he showed me that no matter the situation, a good laugh, human touch and being yourself, make all things bearable.

I want to thank everyone that has seen me throw a temper tantrum and still talks to me.

Lastly I want to thank my father for instilling a true love of learning and adventure in me, that, by far was the most precious gift I have ever been given.

I hope that I can instill that lust for knowledge in my son.

Finally I want to thank you. Thank you for reading My Higher Education of Life.


Right now as I write this no one but I read this blog, but I am hoping that someone outside of my family will read this and get something from it. It has taken me four years of reading other peoples blogs to really sit down and work on this. I hope that Life does not interfere as much as it has in the past.


Thank you again,

Steffi

No comments:

Post a Comment