Saturday, October 30, 2010

"I hope that my journey will take me to places I have been."

One year ago I started this blog and all but forgot about it. When I started it I was blissfully unaware that I had just conceived my son. I had a grand idea that I would learn about the world and about life. I recklessly stated, " I hope that my journey will take me to places I have been."

This last year has been a whirl wind of rehashing, well, just about everything.

I was unaware that I would go from Austin back to Hell AKA Houston. On the positive side, I did not know that I would love living in a hundred year old apartment in Montrose. I didn't realize that my DH and I would get robbed multiple times, and have to rebuild from scratch each time, or end up living with a con-artist in Sugarland TX, the town where I was born. I thought that I would never had to live out of a car again, I was wrong. I also never thought I would end up living in Oklahoma.

I did not know that at the end of March I would be doing what all pregnant woman do when they go into labor: Call their mother. Nor did I even fathom that I would have to face so many of my personal daemons. I never thought I would ever step foot in a Ronald McDonald House unless I was volunteering. I never thought I would be in the back seat of a police car, ever.

I would never have guessed that DH and I would have a stronger relationship, due to all the misfortune. I didn't think out sex life could hit such highs or such lows.

I hate to admit that I have been a horrible vegan, RMH in OKC and OKC Childrens Hospital, is not vegan friendly in the least.

I definitely never imagined or thought that I would or could handle all that has happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment